Whether you’re just diving into a huge workload at your desk, or actually spending some time deep underwater, one thing is clear — a dive watch would be great to have on your wrist. You don’t need to be a diver to appreciate these high-performing, beautifully designed, and undoubtedly utilitarian timepieces for everyday use. In this Carry Smarter guide, you’ll get familiar with the basics of dive watches, what features to look for when buying a diver, and our picks for the best and most affordable options for 2017 to help you take the plunge into the world of dive watches.
When it comes to everyday carry, there's no “one size fits all” approach. It holds true especially for one important question: just how much is too much? You might not have given it much thought, but you probably already have some idea of your preferences. Maybe you hate the feeling of too much stuff in your pockets and you like to travel light. Or you wouldn't step one foot out the door unless you had a few backups on you. You know, just in case. Each style has its merits, of course, and today we're going to take a more in-depth look at them to help you figure out which approach is best for your needs.
Trending Amazon Gear
Makes it easy to check for prize statements hidden under the rims of paper coffee cups in various contests. Push, pull and you're done. Perfect item for party favors.
- Olight S1 Baton
- Gerber Shard
- Spyderco Sage
- Casio G-Shock GA110MB-1A
- Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife, Red
- Field Notes Kraft
- Sog Macv Multi-Tool (Part #Sm1001-Cp By Sog Specialty Knives & Tools)
- Zippo Black Ice 1941 Replica Lighter
- Hellbent Holsters CW 2
- Leatherman Wingman
- Nite Ize S-Biner #3
- Karas Kustoms Render K Pen
Your EDC knife says a lot about you. And while any standard everyday carry knife can get the job done, chances are it'll raise some eyebrows and awkward questions depending on when and where you use it. That's why carrying something that can fly under the radar is often a good idea. A tactical folder probably isn't the best fit for this, especially when you need to dress up a bit for the occasion. What you want is something your coworkers won't bat an eye at. Something that looks as sharp as it cuts. That something, for a lot of EDCers, is a gent's knife. Thankfully, there's a wide variety to choose from when it comes to gent's knives. In this guide, we'll focus on 10 of the more “old school” options with traditional designs and timeless charm.
- Fisher Space Pen
- Leatherman Wave
- Olight ST25 Baton
- Leatherman Bit Drivers
- Victorinox Swiss Army Super Tinker Pocket Knife
- Bellroy Card Pocket Wallet
- Lexar JumpDrive S70 16GB USB Flash Drive LJDS70-16GABNL
- Skinth 2XL Shield
- Swiss Army Night Vision
- Spyderco Manix 2 XL
- CRKT Squid
- Native Wazee Sunglasses
- Field Notes Expedition
- Dell Commercial CRM73102294BLK 13.3" Celeron 3205U 4GB 16GB
- Rick Hinderer Investigator Pen Copper
- Valhalla Designs Traveler Copper Wallet
- Goonies Hobos Carved Copper Coin
- Bullaculla Copper Tritium Fobs
- flip4g63 Copper Keychain Lanyard
- Maverick Workshop TWIST Lanyard Bead
- Maverick Workshop ORION Lanyard Bead
- Zippo Copper
- KeyBar (Carved Copper)
- flip4g63 Copper Knife Lanyard
- Rick Hinderer XM-18 Wharncliffe
- 29th Element Copper EDC Sleeve
- Hanko Machine Works Copper Twisted Trident
- Urban EDC Supply Urban Organizer
If you're looking for an affordable new EDC knife, don't let the newest releases from CRKT slip under your radar. They’ve teamed up with knife designer Jesper Voxnaes to produce durable knives that look way more impressive than their price tag would suggest. As part of their newest collaboration, the Pilar is a compact EDC folder that’s packed with features and design you’d expect in a much more expensive knife.
His minimal, nordic-inspired designs are both functional and tough. Sandwiched between two stainless steel handles is a 2.4” blade made from 8Cr13MoV steel. The small blade is easy to control, and the unique bevels add both strength and visual appeal. Since the knife is on the smaller side, there’s a generous index finger choil between the blade and handles ensure you can get a secure grip. The Pilar’s blade stays in place with an integrated frame lock system that has an interesting engraved pattern where the steel is thinned out.
Carry options include a two-way pocket clip will accommodate most carry preferences, and a lanyard hole. At just under forty bucks, this EDC folder is sure to be up there with the classics. Check it out and pick one up for yourself via the link below.
- Ganzo G7531-CF Folding Bowie Hunting Pocket EDC Handle Knife
- Ganzo G101-H Multi-Tool-Ganzo G101-H - (Premium Quality)
- ALBUTEROL (Ventolin HFA): Treats Bronchospasm in Patients with Asthma, Bronchitis, Emphysema, and other Lung Diseases by James Lee Anderson (2015-03-19)
- Apple iPhone 4S
- front pocket wallet
- custom pouch
- Casio Edifice EF341D-1AV
- BLF A6 Flashlight, Astrolux® 1600lm 7/4 Modes Torch 5A with 18650/18350 Extension Tube, Yellow ( Battery Not Included )
Your keychain is one of the most convenient places to keep your tools. You carry your keys every day anyway, so adding extra gear to them—like a flashlight—ensures you always stay prepared.
You might think to get a flashlight that's powerful enough to be worth carrying would take up way too much pocket space. But thanks to LED and battery tech, even smaller modern lights are more than powerful enough for everyday use. The best part is that many of them can live right on your keychain, always within reach.
A good part of our days is spent in the dark, so carrying a light is always a bright idea. Here are 10 of the best flashlights that can go on your keychain to round out your EDC.