submitted by Fredrik
Ever since a buddy of mine came home from Gunsite with a Spyderco and a Surefire - sometime around ‘92 - I’ve been EDC’ing. And finally I have a selection that
actually worksI can manage to carry around each and every day. So:
- iPhone… Good for everything except calling people
- Keys, various. The ragged Ladybug now sports a chisel point. She’ll be replaced eventually.
- Wallet - as I’m in the #1 cashless country, I seldom - if ever - carry cash. For good or bad. Hence the credit-cards-only kind of thing.
- Zebralight H51. He. Hehehe… This thing is simply silly. 200 lumen from a AA battery. Nuff said
- HAK - the cheapest (440 steel) available, but with some ninja sharpening, it gets to hairpopping sharp.
- Snus! FTW! As long as the Brussels-tribe will let us have it…
And there you have it - nothing fancy and no SAK. I’ve messed around with all kinds of multitools in the past and it turns out (empirically/statistically) that, for me, it’s not worth the effort.
Editor’s Note: Pretty interesting carry here… I wouldn’t expect a hideaway knife to be paired with something less tactical like a Zebralight, to be honest. However, it still totally works, and I’m glad you’ve found a configuration that you like. It’s all fairly minimal, right down to the wallet. You could probably go even slimmer with those cards if you used a clip, but at the cost of easy organization. The choice of knives in your EDC — a more tactical, self-defense type fixed blade and a relatively innocuous looking keychain folder complement each other well and serve different purposes, so I like that setup. The Zebralight is a less common option for many EDCers but in my opinion, without good reason. The specs on those lights especially for their size made them very impressive when they first came out. They still stand out as some of the best headlamps around, and are just overall a nice alternative to look for in a light if you’re not looking for something very “conventional” in a light. Nice setup. Thanks for sharing!
Who Likes This (0)
There's no better time than now to grab some practical gifts for your friends, family, and maybe even your own EDC while you're at it. This weekend, online retailers are discounting some of your favorite EDC gear. We've rounded up promotions that you can take advantage of right now from some of the bigger brands in the EDC industry below.