Father’s Day is fast approaching, but there’s still time to give him the perfect addition to his carry. Whether he’s a jetsetting businessman or spends his weekends outdoors, Dad deserves nothing but the best and most useful gear. Get him something practical and memorable from our Father’s Day EDC Gift Guide.
For the dad who puts on a suit for his nine to five, his carry should reflect his business needs. Lightweight so they don’t slow him down as he makes strides in and out of the office, while still promoting usefulness.
- Titanium Multi-tool Collar Stays: Practical addition to dress shirts with additional applications. ($30)
- Al Mar Hawk Ultralight: Sleek, lightweight, with a useful blade length and profile. ($100)
- Victorinox Altius 3.0 Slim Bi-Fold: High-quality leather and slim profile makes it perfect for slacks. ($55)
- Citizen Eco-Drive Dress Watch: Timeless looks with modern watch technology. ($112)
- Waterman Hemisphere Ballpoint Pen: A luxurious ballpoint pen that’s great for general use. ($58)
For the dad living in the digital world, his carry should be efficient and practical in connecting him with his technology. The techie dad’s gear is as modern as his lifestyle is, working in sync with the rest of his carry.
- Victorinox Cybertool 34: Everything you need for tech-related tinkering. ($94)
- SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive: Unqiue USB drive that plays well with Micro USB devices. ($20)
- FourSevens Atom AL Flashlight: Handy, efficient with power, and has some unique features. ($35)
- Limefuel Blast 15600mAh Battery Pack: Plenty of charge for all modern devices. ($45)
- Grid-It Organizer: Excellent organizational aid, especially for wires and devices. ($13)
For the dad who likes to rough it up and blaze trails on the weekend, his gear should be high quality, rugged, and built to last against the elements. Unexpected adventures await outside, so this dad’s carry should be exceptionally reliable.
- Black Diamond Spot Headlamp: Hands-free, powerful, with many useful modes. ($36)
- ESEE Izula Wallet Kit: Quality set of survival tools in an efficient package. ($58)
- Condor Small Assault Pack: Solid fit and finish with plenty of room while remaining compact. ($50)
- Timex Expedition Trail Watch: Outdoor-oriented with plenty of tactical features. ($70)
- Gerber Bear Grylls Fire Starter: Lightweight, compact, and waterproof. ($13)
From running a marathon to biking on a mountain pass, the active dad’s carry has to keep up with his lifestyle. The active carry should be resilient in rain or shine, light enough not to slow him down, and help him get the most from his activities.
- Timex Ironman HRM Watch: Perfect companion for fitness training. ($87)
- JLab Waterproof MP3 Player Headphones: Take your music with you without the hassle of wires. ($110)
- SPIbelt Metallic Running Belt: Sleek and secure storage that doesn’t disrupt movements. ($20)
- Fitbit One Wireless Activity Tracker: Beneficial fitness information with an added sleep tracker. ($89)
- Lifeproof Nuud Case for iPhone 5S: Light in weight and profile but not in protection. ($90)
For the dad that likes to build, tinker, restore, and repair. Heavy duty needs mean a heavy duty carry, but utility doesn’t have to mean giving up the practicality of a sleek loadout.
- Surefire P2X Fury Flashlight: Substantial power with military-grade hardware. ($105)
- Monteverde Toolpen: Suitable for both handcrafted and digital projects. ($20)
- 3M Safety Glasses: Light, comfortable, and designed for a secure fit. ($8)
- Gerber Boxcutter: Industrial quality in a tiny package, with replaceable blades. ($13)
- Leatherman New Wave Multitool: Endlessly practical yet stylishly compact. ($79)
Thank you for your contribution. Your message has been sent privately to our editorial staff for review.