The Everyday Carry Holiday Gift Guide 2016
If you’re like us, finding the right gear to EDC for ourselves is hard enough. Trying to find a holiday gift for another like-minded EDCer can be daunting, if not utterly exhausting. How do you pick something they’ll appreciate, actually use, and be proud to carry? Our holiday gift guide should help. We’ve broken down 30 gift ideas for every kind of EDCer on your list.
Gifts for the Tactical EDCer
Tactical, heavy-duty gifts for those who need extra-reliable tools.
- Maxpedition GRIDFLUX Sling Bag: The next generation of sling bags with modern materials, heavy-duty hardware, and custom construction.
- Kershaw/Emerson CQC-7K: A tough and nimble knife featuring one of the fastest opening designs, perfect for quick access to an edge.
- Boker Plus Titan: A durable pen machined from aluminum and uses the highly versatile Fisher Space Pen refill.
- Casio G-Shock G9300-1 “Mudman”: A rugged watch gets even hardier with a tough, solar-powered face, mud and dirt resistance, and sensors to help point the way, measure temperature, and even track moon phases.
- SureFire E2D LED Defender Ultra: A bombproof flashlight with a tactical bezel and instant access to 500 lumens of blinding output.
Gifts for the Classy EDCer
Functional gear that's sure to last for the ones who appreciate timeless style on your list.
- Timex Waterbury: A new classic from Timex shows their heritage in watchmaking with a stitched leather band, vintage-inspired dial, and solid construction.
- Machine Era Brass Pen: A high-quality, minimal machined pen built in the USA for lasting durability.
- Case Damascus Warncliffe: A classic knife silhouette, outfitted with a premium damascus blade and real bone handles.
- Izola Brass Comb: A hefty and durable brass comb to keep their hairdo lookin' sharp on the go.
- Urban EDC Supply Organizer Mini: A genuine leather pocket organizer to perfectly fit their EDC essentials, cards, and cash.
Gifts for the Outdoorsy EDCer
Gear up for adventure with these picks for those who prefer to wander off the beaten path.
- Osprey Talon 22: The Talon 22 redistributes the weight of its load for a comfortable trek, complete with an emergency whistle for added safety.
- Morakniv Kansbol Utility Knife: 8.9” of durable stainless steel with a size and shape fit for every outdoor task.
- Leatherman Surge: Ounce for ounce, one of the most feature-packed multi-tools out there with a set of pliers and twenty other useful tools.
- Nitecore LA10: An ultralight camping lantern/flashlight hybrid that's barely bigger than a AA battery.
- Rite in the Rain Kit: A completely waterproof notebook and pen combo in a durable pouch that's perfect for the trail, even in bad weather.
Gifts for the Techy EDCer
Smart picks to complement the gadget and tech lover's kit.
- DJI OSMO Mobile 3-axis Smartphone Stabilizer: An advanced peripheral (that doubles as a selfie stick) to eliminate shake for professional-looking, cinema quality videos.
- Huawei Watch for iOS/Android: Serious customization options to fit any style, and compatibility with both Android and iOS devices.
- Anker PowerCore+ 20100mAh USB-C External Battery: Increased capacity and with the ability to charge USB-C-compatible laptops and devices while still fitting in your pocket.
- Tile Slim Tracker: A high-tech tracking device to help the forgetful types never lose their stuff that slips right inside a wallet.
- Pelican U100 Black Elite Storage Backpack for Laptop: Protect a techie's valuable devices with watertight and crushproof reliability.
Gifts for the Minimalist EDCer
Lightweight, low-profile gear for the person who loves simple, effective design.
- Big Idea Design Titanium Pocket Tool: A sleek multitool that packs a number of tools into a tiny frame, and makes use of utility blades for everyday cutting tasks.
- Nitecore TIP CRI: A 220 lumen, keychain-friendly flashlight that conveniently recharges via USB.
- Orbitkey: Gets rid of pocket jangle and keeps keys easily accessible in one compact package.
- Boker Urban Trapper: A slim, 3.5” blade with plenty of utility in its low-profile design.
- Secrid Slim Wallet: A slim, RFID-protecting aluminum card sleeve that fans cards out instantly with a spring-loaded lever.
Gifts for the Traveling EDCer
Must-have essentials to make every trip feel like first class for the traveler in your life.
- AER Travel Pack: A carry-on backpack with a streamlined profile and dedicated pockets for all your travel essentials.
- Lever Gear Toolcard: With 40 functions built right into its frame, there's no need to fret about leaving tools at home when traveling, especially with its TSA compliance and lack of sharp edges.
- JLab Audio Flex Bluetooth Noise Canceling Headphones: Wires won't get in the thanks to Bluetooth connectivity, and 10 hours of active noise-canceling keeps unwanted noise out for extended trips.
- mophie Powerstation Plus XL: A slim design and built-in microUSB and Lightning cable compatibility make it a one and done solution for your electronics.
- Bellroy All-Conditions Essentials Pocket: A weatherproof travel wallet with internal pockets to carry and organize essentials like a passport, boarding pass, travel pen, cables, and chargers.
What EDC gifts are you giving, and what’s on your wishlist this year? Let us know in the comments below!
If you need more gift ideas, we've made it easy. Check out some of our most popular gift guides from the archives: