Real Gear. Real People.
Find inspiration for your daily essentials from the best of our community.
- 5.11 TMT PLX Penlight
- Sharpie 1747388 Stainless Steel Fine Point Permanent Marker
- Gerber Bear Grylls Scout Folding Knife
- Luminox EVO Navy SEAL Colormark Men's Watch (Green)
- Gorilla Tape
- Gerber MP400 Compact Sport Multi-Tool
- Paper Mate Profile Ballpoint Pen Blue
- EXOTAC MatchCAP XL (Orange)
- EXOTAC FireSleeve (Orange)
- EXOTAC FireRod (Orange)
- “Expedition Edition” Field Notes
- UCO Stormproof Matches
- 12' Paracord Bracelet w/ whistle in buckle (Red)
- 6' length utility 550 Paracord (Black)
- TOPS Folding Survival Saw
Nothing beats a solid G-Shock for EDC. They're nearly indestructible, highly reliable, and come in every possible style and colorway to match the rest of your carry. The GA100-1A1 (aka The Dark Knight) is an all-black digital/analog G-Shock with all the right features for an everyday watch. Shockproof and 200-meter water resistance come standard, and its “three-eye” display includes a 1/1000 stopwatch, alarm indicator, and countdown timer. The two bottom windows on each side of the display show a digital time readout (with up to 29 time zones) along with a day/date indicator that includes an auto-calendar pre-programmed until 2099—which , given the ruggedness of these watches, the GA100-1A1 might live to see. You're also not completely in the dark with its blacked-out colorway: the watch comes with an auto-LED function for easy illumination. Need a tough watch to complete your murdered out EDC? You can pick up this G-Shock at the link below.
- Maxpedition Micro Pocket Organizer
- Zero Tolerance 0560BW Blackwash Hinderer Flipper Knife
- Gerber Shard Keychain Tool [22-01769]
- Fisher 400B Space Bullet Space Pen - Matte Black
- Carbon Fiber Money Clip
- Garmin Vivosmart HR Activity Tracker Regular Fit - Black
- Premium Leather Orbitkey Black With Tan Stiching
- Streamlight 88049 ProTac 1AAA
- LEGO Star Wars Stormtrooper Key Light
- Kershaw Knives 1555G10BW Cryo Blackwash Assisted Opening
- Olight S10R II Baton rechargeable 500 Lumens CREE XP-L LED Flashlight EDC with RCR123 Li-ion battery , Charging Base and EdisonBright CR123A Lithium back-up Battery bundle
- iphone 6 plus Magpul case
- bic lighter
- Burt's Bees Lip Balm, Mango
- Vanquest VAULT 2.0 RFID-Blocking Wallet
- Iphone 6 plus
Robert Farago writes: "A few years ago I was looking for a boot gun for deep concealment, and a spare pistol to keep in the truck. As a kid, I often carried a single-barreled .410 pistol. I knew the caliber’s capabilities and limitations. So when I saw a Bond Arms derringer online for about half MSRP, I jumped at the chance to own one…" (via TheTruthAboutGuns)
- BlueQ Coin Purse
- BlueQ Coin Purse
- Relic Orange Wallet
- Moleskine Graph Ruled Notebook
- Bic 4-Color Ballpoint Pen, Original Colors
- Skull Candy Ink'd Earbuds
- Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm
- Menthol Peppermint Stick
- Advil To-Go Ibuprofen
- Pebble Classic Smartwatch
- BlueQ Zipper Pouch
- Chicken Poop Lip Balm
- University Badge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5
When you're responsible for one of the most iconic EDC backpacks of all time — the 5.11 RUSH — people had better pay attention to your follow-up product. The Tactix is First Tactical's (led by former 5.11 founder Dan Costa) flagship backpack, respecting the great things about the original RUSH and taking them into 2016 with even better features and functionality.
Let's start with lasers—specifically, a laser-cut web platform compatible with MOLLE/PALS. This lets the Tactix maintain a lower profile with no extruding loops but still maintain structural integrity thanks to its two-layer, 500D nylon design. There's room to spare with 7 external and 9 internal pockets with a total of 40.5 liters of capacity, giving you all the organization you need for both light trips and heavy deployments. Removable compression straps, adjustable shoulder and sternum straps, and even side handles let you carry the Tactix comfortably as needed. No compromises were made for the rest of the backpack's production: water-resistant nylon, YKK zippers, and Duraflex hardware round out its construction.
Ready for your next tactical backpack? You can order one direct from First Tactical with free shipping from their online store, or at Amazon at the link below (with Prime-eligible shipping on 5/4).
"Some backpacks conceal outstanding function with a minimal appearance. The Especial Primo is one such bag, yet it packs tremendous bang for your buck. The backpack is fully welded and entirely waterproof — that’s saying something when you’re staring down tough conditions, either while biking, hiking or traveling. The reflective binding and markers help you stand out when the light is low, and the sleek black color and discreet logo placement both make this bag equally fit for urban streets and high-country trails…" (via GearHungry)
How do you make a good light even better? You don't do it by fixing what isn't broken, that's for sure. You do it by making improvements where you can without getting in the way of what worked. That's the case with Nitecore's newest light, the MH20GT. It’s the 2016 update to last year’s MH20, a compact 18650 EDC light.
The MH20GT keeps the best features of the original: 1000 lumens on turbo, built-in USB charging, IPX-8 water resistance, and a side-switch UI. On this latest iteration, the light trades off a slightly bulkier body for a larger reflector and the latest Cree emitter. This emitter—the XP-L HI V3—pairs with the reflector to give 362 meters of throw. That’s over 100 meters farther than the original at 220 meters. It also gives much better performance across its 5 brightness levels and 3 special modes: it goes as low as 1 lumen for 680(!) hours of runtime all the way up to a 1000 lumen turbo that lasts for an hour.
The Nitecore MH20GT takes a great light and makes it even better, improving on all the features you need from a modern EDC pocket powerhouse. Pick one up for yourself at the link below.