- 550 Paracord
- Clipper lighter
- Coleman Magnesium Fire Starter
- WD-40 No Mess Pen
- Gerber pocket knife
- Storm prof maches
- Led emergency flare
- Guepardo paracord
- SOG Specialty Knives & Tools S60N-CP PowerLock Multi-Tool with Half-Serrated Steel Blade and Nylon Sheath, 22-Tools Combined, Satin Finish
- Gorilla Duct Tape
Usually if you want a substantial titanium knife, you’d expect to pay top dollar. But custom knife maker Robert Carter partnered with Ontario Knife Company, known for their great budget knives, to produce a flipper called the Carter Prime. This sturdy knife brings the fast flipping action from this 3rd generation knife maker’s work to your EDC at a more accessible price point.
The Carter Prime features a stonewashed sheepsfoot blade made of D2 steel and a titanium handle that’s built to last. The titanium build also extends to the tip-up pocket clip, which keeps the knife accessible, peeking over the top of your pocket. Combine that with a fast action deployment and you get knife that goes from your pocket to doing work in no time. While in use, you can work without fear of accidentally closing on you thanks to its sturdy frame lock system.
When open, the entire knife is a little under 8” in length with a 3.3” blade. Unfortunately, you won’t find cleverly placed notches for your fingers on this knife. But jimping along the spine and towards the bottom of the handle provides a strong grip for everyday slicing. At 5 ounces the Carter Prime isn’t the lightest EDC knife out there, but its extra heft could be perfect if your everyday tasks are a little more heavy duty.
If you’re looking for a capable flipper with a unique design, the Carter Prime could be the knife for you. You can pick up this knife via Amazon at the link below without breaking the bank.
- Victorinox Swiss Army Tinker Pocket Knife
- Tommy Hilfiger Leather Black Men Formal Wallet
- Apple iPhone 6, Space Gray, 64 GB (Unlocked)
- Cicero pocket notebook
- powerbank bag tok&stok
- watch adidas adh 2604
- Worther Shorty 3.15 mm Mechanical Pencil, Red
- EasyAcc EasyAcc 10000mAh Brilliant Ultra Slim Dual USB (2.1A / 1.5A Output) Portable Power Bank External Battery Charger (PB10000C)
"Longtime readers may remember Tuff Writer’s Ultimate Clicky Pen and subsequently smaller Mini Click. Their latest, the Tuff Writer Mini-Click Gen2, takes the latter’s compact, pocketable size and upgrades the materials, machined as always but now from titanium, brass, or copper with a variety of finishes that include tumbled, bead blasted, aged (for brass), and even flamed for a unique polychromatic surface finish. Every one features the latest version of Tuff Writer’s overbuilt 416SS advancing mechanism that’s machined in-house of stainless steel to extremely tight tolerances and..." (via GearHungry)
If you've been on the fence about picking up some new gear, today's a good day to do it.
Amazon's currently running a promo for today only, taking $8.62 off orders of $50 or more with code BIGTHANKS at checkout.
There are a few restrictions, though: items have to be sold and shipped from Amazon.com and some items like software and Amazon gift cards are excluded. Check here for the full terms if the code isn't working for you.
$50 can get you a decent amount of gear, especially if you pick up a pair of tried-and-true budget items that get you as close to $50 as possible. Or, you can spring for something just above the $50 pricepoint to trigger the savings.
Here are some ideas to get your cart going:Nitecore Tube Flashlight + CRKT Squid + SOG Key Knife + NiteIze DooHicKey + Maxpedition Micro Wallet (Total: $50.07 $41.45)Fisher Space Pen + Kershaw Shuffle II + Grid-It Organizer (Total: $50.21 $41.59)Maxpedition EDC Pocket Organizer + Ontario RAT II Folder (Total: $50.02 $41.40)Victorinox Black Alox Cadet + Streamlight Microstream C4 + NiteIze MicroLock (Total: $50.02 $41.40)5.11 Tactical Bail Out Bag ($59.99 $51.37)
Feel free to help out your fellow EDCers and post links to some good ~$50 gear combos worth snagging in the comments below, too!
- rOtring Rapid PRO Retractable Ballpoint
- Persol PO0714 24/57 Size 54mm Sunglasses
- Apple Cell Phone Case for iPhone 6 Plus & 6s Plus - Retail Packaging - Saddle Brown
- M-Clip Stainless Steel Brushed Polished Stainless Money Clip (SS-BSS-BRPB)
- Shinola Runwell Sport Chrono
- Buck 503 Prince Lockback Folding Knife
- Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25, Natural Mint & Shea Butter
- Zebra F-701
- Seiko SKX007
- Field Notes Pitch Black Edition
- 22mm Super Oyster II Watch Bracelet for Seiko Diver Skx007/009/011 Curved End
- Magpul Field Case iPhone 5/5s
- Paisley Cotton Bandanna Black
- BUCK 110 50th Anniversary Ebony Diamond Wood Folding Hunter Stainless Pocket Knife
- UltraTac K18
- Apple iPhone 5S
- Opinel No 7 Carbon Steel Knife